Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sara, you're 4 years old!

Wow!! Sara is four! Four seems like the baby is all gone... that makes me happy and sad all at the same time!


Sara, you are such a BIG girl these days. You are a great help with Paisley, and most of the time, you're good with Tucker too. You like to be a pest to him sometimes though ;-) You truly do love your brother and sister. I'm so glad you are the firstborn; you make a fantastic big sister! You are also a GREAT cleaner and helper around the house!

You are my sweet girl. You are still pretty shy with new people, but you are very affectionate with those you know well. You have become a great talker in the past year, something you were kind of slow to advance in. You talk all the time! You love to watch Caillou and Diego (Go, Diego, Go!) on the iPod or my computer. You are also a total prissy, girly girl. You love makeup, clothes (you change them several times daily), and babies. You LOVE to play-talk on the phone (usually to Elizabeth), and you think you're quite the adult. :-)

You can be quite sneaky too! We are frequently catching you doing something that you think you're hiding, and you're quite good at it. You are a great observer, and that has made you a good manipulator too, I'm afraid, ha! :-/

You are a good eater, thanks to your papa. Your favorite things are no shocker -- Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, fries, ice cream, pizza, and juice -- but you will eat basically anything we give you. You love to go to Fun City and Boingo Bounce. I'm not really sure who your best friends are. Probably Tucker and the rest of your family, though you do talk about Riley and "Cata-cleena" (Catalina :-) You looove to do puzzles, and I am so surprised at how good you are at them! You also love to color and draw, and I'm always impressed with your creations.

You love to sing, and you can recognize all the letters of the alphabet by name (or at least by an associated word). You're learning their sounds, and I'm sure you're not too far off from putting them together into words!

Since Paisley was born, you moved into your "big girl" bed! This has been good and bad for me. You love it and sleep great at night, but you wake up about an hour earlier (8:15-8:30), and you almost never take a nap anymore. :-( I usually make you at least rest, looking at books or coloring in your room.

I can't wait for a chance to start going on girly dates with you! You LOVE getting your nails painted, and I think manicures and a movie would be a blast with you. Someday soon!

I love you SOOO much, Sara! You are still my baby, though you insist you are not, and I'm so glad I get to play with you every day. It makes me a little sad to look at pictures of your last birthday. I can't even believe how much you have changed in one year...


I wish I could make this chronological, but it is focused on her face, so it matches expressions instead. I love this glance through Sara's last year!


No comments:

Post a Comment