Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a great weekend! It was pretty low-key with some fun things thrown in.

Let's see... here are my pictures for what we did Friday night (New Year's Eve)...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yup. That's it. Nothing. We were lame old fogees and stayed home!  We did however, stay up until midnight.

 

BUT. Then the excitement began. On Sunday, Zack's brother AK brought us a treasure trove of expiring groceries from Ozark Natural Foods (where he works)! Oh my word there was so much good stuff!!!

 

Lots of blocks and games were played. I was pretty impressed with Sara for doing the same pattern from the inside out on this tower -- including the size of the lego piece!

 

Ever the diva...

 

More puzzles ... In fact, I did more puzzles than I cared to this weekend. About six of the kids' jigsaw puzzles got mixed in together, so Sara and I spent a good chunk of the day today putting them all back together.

 

Lots of smiles from this pretty baby...

 

Zack took the day off today, since the holiday (New Year's) was on a Saturday. That's why I can include Monday in our weekend recap :D  We mostly just piddled around the house, cleaning (always) and playing.

Around 4:45, the phone rang, and it was Zack's mom. I love seeing her number on caller id at that time of day, because I know it probably inovlves me not having to cook supper, heh. Sure enough! She took us to Taco Bueno (their food beats 90% of Mexican sit-down restaurants), and then to Braums! It was soooooo good and fun!

Cute Tucker boy. He stayed shockingly clean throughout this episode.

 

Sara and Nannie shared a banana split. Yum!

 

I have to be careful of dairy because Paisley gets pretty uncomfortable (i.e. doesn't sleep) if I have cream/yogurt/milk, etc. But ... This is heaven in a cone right there, y'all. Peanut butter cup ice cream in a waffle cone, dipped in Hershey's magic shell with salted toasted almonds. Eat your heart out, Maggie! :-)  It'll be worth a sleepless night if it happens! (as long as it's not tonight... or tomorrow night)

 

It was a great, relaxing weekend.  AND NOW.  I'm ready for some sweet, sugary FOOTBALL! Tomorrow (I guess it's today now) is the Sugar Bowl. Woo pig sooie! Go Razorbacks! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment